Children and Families have been my passion for the duration of my professional career. Specializing in services to Kindergarten to 8th grade, I utilize strength-based supportive counseling approach to overcome challenges within and outside the family system. As a current Certified School Counselor working at a progressive and diverse elementary school and a past Developmental Leadership Program Director serving all major School Districts in Atlanta, I understand the unique nature of individual school culture that supports and sometimes challenges children. I provide non-school-based supportive counseling services recognizing that many times school counselors do not have the time to provide one-on-one support that is needed.
My areas of expertise (certification & presentation) focused on the family and social functioning include:
- Family Systems Support (overcoming/resolving challenges in the home) – Certified
- Adjustment Disorders resulting from Divorce or Loss
- Self Esteem/Efficacy (overcoming school-based Bullying, Social Connectedness, Anger Mgmt.)
- Academic Improvement–certified
- Parenting Skills Development (Coping and Effective Child Engagement) — Certified
My therapeutic belief is that all parents want the best for their children and all children desire the opportunity to be happy/healthy in the environments in which they function. My therapy sessions are interactive and often involve play therapy and/or unique age-appropriate interactive engagement. It is my goal to create a “supportive & enjoyable” therapeutic environment for both children and families to explore change.
Private Pay Service: Sorry not taking private insurance at this time.